Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Wing Talk

The best part of the chicken is its wings. There, I've said it. A friend recently put forth the idea that there isn't much meat on chicken wings. She was quickly disabused. There is meat and it has lots of flavor. Witness the popularity of buffalo wings. However, restaurants tend to deep-fry wings, which I prefer to avoid. (I do confess to a certain weakness for onion rings, which I give in to once or twice a year.) I like my wings roasted in a hot oven with a little seasoning. Strong men and women have swooned over them. Here's how I make them.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Season whole wings (I use the whole wing, tip and all) with seasoning of choice. I use Blue Star all purpose seasoning, which contains salt, garlic, onion and natural flavorings. Place wings on a cooling rack in a sheet pan. This allows rendered fat to run off. Bake for about 40 minutes, turning over half way through. You want your wings nice and golden brown with crisp skin. If you have a convection oven, use it; you won't even have to turn them. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment